Pixie Lott works a high-summer multi-neon manicure: we want her nails!
And now we welcome her into our list of celebrity manicures we very much want! Pixie Lott's multi-coloured neon manicure, 28 June 2014
Pixie posted this close-up snap of her tips on Saturday (28 June) after she'd enjoyed a cheeky manicure by those nail art gurus at WAH Nails.
"New @wahnails technique using #negativespace and #marcbymarcj new colours," Pixie posted.
The gorgeous singer worked a lime green polish on all of her nails except her ring finger, on which she went for fiery orange and a stripe of 'negative space'.
'What on earth is 'negative space'?' we hear you ask. Well, it's a hot and very simple nail trend that basically leaves part of the nail unpainted.
So, now you know!
Pixie Lott holds up t-shirt of Pixie Lott! 18 June 2014
Pixie showed off some pretty turquoise nails last month, 18 June 2014
Pixie's look was create using the oh-so-hard-to-find Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquers which are currently only available in the Marc Jacobs store in London (grrr!).
You could call the store to order your very own polishes (020 7399 1690), but if you can't be doing with all that waiting, we say cheat with some high street favourites instead!
To recreate Pixie's Look, paint two coats of Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish in Pow Green, £3.99, superdrug.com on all of your nails except your ring finger.
Next, grab a bright orange polish like Essie Summer Collection Nail Polish in Roarrrange, £7.99, boots.com and paint the top half of your ring fingernail, then leave a space free and paint the bottom half of the same nail.
Finish with a glossy top coat to protect your polish and you've nailed it.
Simple AND gorgeous – now that's the kind of manicure we love.
Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish in Pow Green, £3.99, superdrug.com
by Georgia Goodall
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists