PBA and Cosmoprof North America Debut Beauty Pitch Event
Over 1,300 attendees took part in the inaugural Beauty Pitch featuring Mark Cuban and John Paul DeJoria.
In celebration of the entrepreneurial spirit of the beauty industry, the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) and Cosmoprof North America (CPNA) debuted the inaugural Beauty Pitch event at PBA Beauty Week 2015 in July. The live event, which took place during the PBA Business Forum, saw five finalists — 100% Pure, 18.21 Man Made, Hair Construction, LightStim, and Zenagen — compete for four different prizes. The grand prize, a one-year mentorship with “Shark Tank” star Mark Cuban, went to cosmetics line 100% Pure.
Finalist 18.21 Man Made received the Audience Choice Award after live polling was conducted during the event.
Beauty Pitch offered both up-and-coming and established companies the unique opportunity to present their brand, products, or ideas to a panel of top investors from TSG Consumer Partners, North Castle Partners, and CircleUp, along with Cuban and John Paul DeJoria, co-founder of John Paul Mitchell Systems.
CircleUp selected 100% Pure and LightStim as potential candidates for future investments.
For more information, go to www.beautypitch.com.
by Nails Magazine
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists