Meet the Winning Mural-Makers
Handpainted Winner: Elsbeth Shuetz
Mixed Media/3-D Winner: Emily Nash
Congratulations to the talented winners of this year’s NAILS Mural Contest — one an industry veteran and the other a relative newcomer. Los Angeles-based nail artist Elsbeth Schuetz took top honors in the handpainted category. Her brewery-themed mural was inspired by the growing popularity of craft beers. Schuetz — a celebrity nail tech, educator, and frequent NAILS contributor — also won last year’s competition.
A nail tech of three years, Emily Nash of Creative Touch Nail and Day Spa in Elkhart, Ind., nabbed the top spot in the mixed media/3-D category. She chose an undersea-themed mural — complete with 3-D acrylic octopus — because she has always been attracted to the bright colors found in the ocean.
Our thanks also go to INM for providing a fabulous assortment of products to our winners.
INM provided generous prize packages to this year’s winners that included an assortment of lacquers, top coats, and treatments for the handpainted winner, and colored acrylic powers for the mixed-media winner.
by Nails Magazine
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists