China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
Last night, China Glaze teamed up with designer Stacey Bendet for a festival fashion show featuring her label, Alice + Olivia. Neiman Marcus co-sponsored the event, with VP Ken Downing styling the collection. Unlike shows at NYFW, all the items were immediately available for purchase so festival-goers would be ready for Coachella (April 15th & 24th).
Miss Pop and NAILS senior editor Beth Livesay
Miss Pop once again teamed up with China Glaze to take the lead for nails. Several members of the nail team included manicurists from Nailing Hollywood, making the team an all-star one. The color scheme for the nails was coral and pearl. The white gives the coral a pop, with negative space separating the two colors. “We wanted it to look like she did her nails on the tour bus,” Miss Pop said of the nail art concept. She also pointed out that negative space manis done with polish make chips less obvious.
To get the look, use striping tape or a nail decal and place diagonally on the nail. Paint China Glaze White on White on the bottom then add China Glaze Coral Star on top. Remove tape. Seal with top coat. Clean up the nail.
Karen Gutierrez cleans up the negative space lines on a runway model
Downing described the nail looks as a “creamsicle,” and added that “Beauty is an accessory. You can’t have fashion without beauty.” Miss Pop also commented that the nail look reflects the cropped, skin-bearing look of festival style. Nail techs take note: Downing is seeing “festival season” become a whole other movement between spring and summer. This means colors, nail art trends, shapes, and possibly even special nail collections geared toward this fifth season in the future.
The backdrop for the runway show was staged with falling petals, instruments, and had a loungy, boho feel
Beth & designer Stacey Bendet
What are you doing for festival season in the salon? Let us know in the comments below.
by Nails Magazine
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists
- Enter The Essie’s for the Chance to Win $20,000!